For my last AMD, I went to the Kerrytown Weihnachtsmark at the Farmer's Market last night. It was absolutely lovely! There were all sorts of Christmas decorations, tons of delicious German food (Glühwein! Bratwurst! Pretzels! Baked goods! YUM.), kids singing German Christmas carols, and a lot of people speaking German to each other. I was surprised and extremely pleased that I could actually understand some of the stuff they were saying too. My friends and I walked around, bought some awesome Christmas presents, sang along with the carolers, and ate/drank way too much. Such a great way to spend a Friday evening!
Also, on a similar note, I'm getting very excited for St. Nicholas day (night of December 5th/morning of December 6th). I grew up celebrating this holiday with my family, and waking up to find candy and little presents under my bed. Unfortunately, St. Nicholas doesn't visit me at college, but I'll still be thinking of him!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.