Freitag, 2. Dezember 2011
Kultur 6 - Anna Kemeny
As always, it is fascinating to learn about the customs and norms in Germany and how they are similar and different from our own. I used to live in England so I remember only too well the ridiculous stories published in the Sun and the Daily Mirror. My brother still reads the Mirror and he often gives me updates on how the new Royal couple is doing, or how Pippa Middleton was caught at a wild party. It's interesting to think that while the German's might be less conservative about what they publish on the front page (I recall them being much less conservative in general in German, than in both England and the United States), they would take offense at a national symbol being exposed in an unflattering situation. It's also interesting about the closed doors. I remember the traumatizing experience of waiting to talk to a teacher and wondering whether or not to knock. It often seemed a hit or miss situation, sometimes they would be cross that I had interrupted them, sometimes they would be cross that I had wasted time waiting outside without knocking.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.