Montag, 3. Oktober 2011
AMD 2
For my AMD 2, I decided to read the article "The Awful German Language" written by Mark Twain. I found this article interesting and funny to read. I was expecting some boring, straight forward explaination of why the German language is the way it is, but instead, Twain incorporated his own experience and struggles with the language, which made the piece relatable. In the past month, I've had the same difficulties with German that Twain has had. One of the things that he talks about that I can really understand is how confusing definite articles can be. Not only are there the gender cases of masculine, feminine, and neutral, but then you have the nominative, accusative, and dative cases that change the article "der". I guess it wouldn't be normal if I didn't struggle with a new language, and I'm glad I can identify these struggles so I can fix them in the future.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.