Since my original idea for my AMD 1 post was to write about my Rammstein phase, which was already done, I decided to write about something else I mentioned; video games. For the longest time I’ve been a huge fan of mecha. Trying to come up with a topic for my blog post made me think back to two Gameboy Advanced games I still have with me with quite a bit of German in them despite being made by the Japanese: Super Robot Wars: Original Generation 1 and 2. Most of the German used is applied to the names of the mech units as well as certain attacks. I found this as an entertaining way to learn new German words as it plays heavily on my love for science fiction and mecha. And no these are neither Gundams nor Transformers :P
Just some of the many German words in the games.
Huckebein = Raven
Gespenst = Ghost
Alt Eisen = Old Iron
Riese = Giant
Weiß Ritter = White Knight
Rein = Pure
Raubtier = Predator
Wuerger = Shrike
Einst = Once
Gemuet = Emotion
Glied = Limb
Knochen = Bone
Regisseur = Director
Stern = Star
Persönlichkeit = Personality
Schutzwald = Barrier forest

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.