Montag, 26. September 2011

AMD 1 Donald Matthews

SONNTAG, 25. SEPTEMBER 2011


So originally I thought this assignment was stupid because I had no idea what to do for it or what to write about. However after reading the suggestions for what you could do for it and reading some of the other posts for Ideas it became a little easier to decide what I was going to do. I decided on streaming a movie from Netflix. The first movie I selected was about a soccer team because I know how important soccer is to the Germans. However it was in English, so I decided to watch a different movie that was spoken in German to get the full experience. I ended up watching a movie called 7 dwarves, Yes it was based on Snow white and the seven dwarves however it was a little more mature than the Disney version. The seiben Zwerge(seven dwarves) live in a forest and have all had their problems with women. Reluctantly they take in Snow White who is fleeing the queen. Throughout the movie there are various references to many other movies including Lord of the Rings, Monty Python, and Little Red Riding Hood among others. I knew that in Europe their ideas of what is appropriate is a little different which shows in the language they chose to use for the movie. Overall I actually enjoyed this movie and its worth a look if you can find it on Netflix.

Langweilish- Boring
Tot- Dead
Kaput- Can mean broken, dead etc...
Schneller- Faster
Gansten Land- all of the land
Scheis- Shit
Glaube- To think
Spaeter- Later

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.