It also appears that the Germans are an overall "blunt" population. The way in which the "Brutally Honest" article describes the kinds of conversations one would have in Germany, people must really have to be on their toes and prepared for abruptness. To think that it is customary for someone to respond "yes I have gained a few pounds" seems to me to be pretty ridiculous. Something like that would NEVER happen in the US. People would rather starve themselves than admit to gaining weight.
To think that German's complain a lot more than Americans also seems somewhat ridiculous. Especially at this time in modern politics, it seems as though no one could possibly be complaining more than Americans. However, it is interesting to see that German's have a reputation (by their own locals) of being big complainers.
These articles were very insightful and gave me new information about Germany that I don't know I could find anywhere else!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.