Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kapitel 2 Kultur - Adam Zientarski

I found these articles very interesting but shocking. I cannot believe that you could actually get away with asking if they gained weight anywhere. If you were to ask that here you would be met with a glare that would eat your sole and a harsh slap to the face. I admire the straight-forwardness of the German culture and I wish that Americans would adopt something like this. As a society we are offended way too easily.

The Germanic stare is another curious oddity. I honestly do not find it that weird that they watch from their windows. Its not any different than the porch sitting that occurs in America and I know plenty of Americans that watch "the damned neighbor kids" from their window (including my mother). Making sure that nothing nasty is happening is about the least rude thing that happens in America.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.