Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kultur 2

Like Brett, I found these articles to be much more interesting than the reading we were given for Kultur 1. This would actually help quite a bit when travelling to Germany so as to avoid being taken by surprise by their customs and such. Imagine a traveller’s surprise when they suddenly notice they’ve been stared at for a while now. It’s also interesting to note how Germans are much more direct than people here. They seem to be much more straightforward when they speak rather than lie and hide their feelings about things. It’d be a nice change of pace if we were more like this. As far as staring out the window goes, I guess it isn’t too different from here, at least in the suburban areas. I also found it interesting and funny how Top Gear, which is a British television show, made jabs at these stereotypes (as they do with every other country), particularly the bit about statistics and measurements, staring, and complaining, most notably in their review of the Porsche Carrera GT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE_WqdKbTvY


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.