Donnerstag, 29. September 2011

AMD 2 Tony

    When I was reading a brief biography of the Beatles, I got to know that they spent some of their early years Germany. And some people who study the Beatles will actually go to Germany for the first-hand material. Before I learn any German, I, as a fan of the Beatles, was wondering about what their German song would be like. However, I didn't bother to listen to them because I wouldn't understand a single word. Now that I have learned some German, I went to Youtube and found the German version of "I Want to Hold Your Hand": "Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand".
    And here is the lyrics:

O komm doch, komm zu mir
Du nimmst mir den Verstand
O komm doch, komm zu mir
Komm gib mir deine Hand
Komm gib mir deine Hand
Komm gib mir deine Hand

O du bist so schön
Schön wie ein Diamant
Ich will mir dir gehen
Komm gib mir deine Hand
Komm gib mir deine Hand
Komm gib mir deine Hand

In deinen Armen bin ich glücklich und froh
Das war noch nie bei einer anderen einmal so
Einmal so, einmal so

    (I cut off the repeated part. For those words and phrases that either we learned or we are exposed enough to figure out the meaning, I made them bold.)

    I started listening without reading the lyric. Because "komm gib mir deine Hand" sounds so similar to "come give me your hand" and I already know what "deine" means, I could totally get the meaning of that stanza. Imagine how happy I was!

    What I did later was, natürlich, following and singing the song!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.