Donnerstag, 29. September 2011

Kapitel 2

Hallo! I thought the article about Germans being obsessed with statistics was hilarious. I had no idea that Germans actually judge each other based on their town's population or area. The article also mentioned that Germans can rattle off these statistics fairly easily, which I found crazy because I couldn't even tell you the population of my hometown, let alone the land area or the religious makeup of the residents. It really shows the differences between German and American culture- even the statement about Germans enjoying documentaries was kind of funny to me because I don't know of many Americans (besides meine Großeltern) who willingly sit down and watch documentaries.

Of course, my surprise at learning these facts about Germans really isn't any different from the way Germans view Americans. I knew the English saw Americans as lazy, fast food-consuming people, but I guess it never occurred to me that other countries probably have similar opinions of us. I was both amused and offended by the German belief that all Americans eat burgers and carry guns. Looks like we all stereotype each other, even if we've never been to the other country or met anyone from there. Tschüss!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.