Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011

Germans and their garbage

I'm just going to start off by saying that every time I go to Europe, I'm almost embarrassed to be an American. Not just Germany, but countries such as Austria and the Netherlands have absolutely astounding garbage and recycling systems. In America we have the standard recycling and garbage cans. We may sometimes even have a paper can just for kicks. But if you ever sit in the terminal of a Dutch airport you will see a video playing that is constantly telling you how to use the waste baskets that surround the airport, showing you to separate plastic recyclables from metal ones. In Germany it is very similar. The waste baskets there are mostly divided so that not only do you separate garbage from recyclables, but so that you are also separating paper, plastics, and metals. Maybe some people in America ( cough ) the President maybe, should start looking at why Europe is so clean rather than raising taxes to create bigger landfills.

Garrett

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.