Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

AMD 6

For this activity I decided to look up typical German/Austrian Christmas traditions. Austria in particular is famous for its holiday season. As a sophomore in high school, I traveled to Salzburg, Austria for Christmas. I have to say that it remains my favorite vacation ever. First of all, there is the Salzburg Christmas market. It is outside and very popular. Many stands there sell great ornaments, they are distinct as a "typical Salzburg ornament."


The market also sells typical Austrian food, pretty much the best bread in the world. Salzburg is famous for being the city in which Mozart was born. It is also famous for being the subject of the popular Christmas Carol "Silent Night." Christmas is a very important part of Salzburg culture. Another German Christmas tradition is the Advent Calendar, now very popular in the US. Also, Kris Kringle, Santa Clause's real name, is a German invention. German's called Santa Christkindl, meaning Christ's Child.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.