Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011

AMD 6: Ryen

AMD 6


For the final AMD assignment of the semester, I visited the website http://rtl-now.rtl.de and watched German TV. I chose a show called "Das Supertalent", which appears to be Germany's equivalent of America's Got Talent. As I watched, I jotted down notes. My notes include German phrases that I could hear (I understood many more, but could not type them down in time) and descriptions of the acts being performed.


German advertisements - interessant. Playstation and sports ads, among others. Very understandable, even if I didn't know German at all.

Flashy beginning - flashier than America's Got Talent

Guy in pink suit - central judge, accompanied by two women judges


show format too similar to America's got talent to be coincidence

Must be same company


Trampoline guy

very clumsy. Nein, he does it on purpose for comedy.

"Mein Sonne ist alles für mich. Über alles."

9:20 - He kisses his son on the mouth! What???

Judges' response:

"So gefährlich!"

von lustig und akrobatic

zwei bikini ladies

David Hasselhoff zu Hause

sportlich

Super


Fußball ad


Ricky Kam - child prodigy

"Ich heiße Ricky. Ich bin sechs Jahre alt. Ich komme aus die Schweiz."

klavier spielen

Daaaamn.

wunderkind

He likes Mozart a lot.

Not the greatest child prodigy I've seen, but he's still really damn impressive

Judges' response:

"Der kleine Ricky Kam!"

ganz ganz ganz ganz groß!

Mein Herz ging "bum bum bum" für dich!


"True Fame" - drag queen group?

They dance to a Lady Gaga song in English!

They're not very good dancers

Judges' response:

ein bisschen nervos war

...das Tanzen war nicht die beste


Lots of English songs


ein Lehrer?

Er kann Gitarre spielen!

Sehr gut singen...

He sings in English too!

Not perfect English pronunciation, but close enough.

sieht sehr sehr gut aus!

so viele Charisma und Energie!

mit die Kamera zu flirten


Conclusion: Distinctly German culture as described in the Kultur articles does not show through here. German TV is just like American TV. In fact, many, if not most, of the shows on the website are American shows dubbed in German.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.