Dienstag, 1. November 2011
Kultur 4- Donald Matthews
Between being in a German speaking country and one with a German culture(Austria) and having three years of German prior to this I knew a fair amount of the information in the articles before reading them. Germans, or should I say most Europeans for that matter have this obsession with riding bikes around everywhere, which is a good thing for many different reasons, however what they didn't mention was I believe part of the reason bikes are so common is because everything is packed closer together in Europe making it more practical to use bikes. I actually laughed when reading the little red man article. I've always said Ann arbor pedestrians have the right of way even if they aren't crossing at the cross walk. Personally I just jump out in front of cars and its almost like a game for me to see how close I'll let them get. Which would be interesting in Germany if I did that and they sped up I wonder how long it would take me to get hit. The logic article was especially relevant for me because in the past few years my mom has been working with German engineers and she has always said you have to make sure to over specify whenever your asking something because the German engineers will never give you more information than you ask for.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.