Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Kapitel 4

I found the articles to be both informative and very interesting. I notice mostly at school, when there are a lot of people biking and taking the bus, how reliant Americans are on cars. At home, it would be extremely common to get behind the wheel to drive a distance as short as 1/2 a mile. It appears that in Germany, that would simply never happen. I think Americans need to start paying attention to other countries, such as Germany, and their progressive initiative to ride bikes. As far as I know, the US has the highest percentage of obesity compared to any other nation. Biking would definitely help change those statistics, in my opinion.

What I also found to be interesting, was the idea that people do not really Jaywalk too often in Germany. I have to confess, at this point, especially coming from New York, when I am here in Ann Arbor I don't even look before I cross the street. People in America (for the most part) probably Jaywalk more than not. Additionally, drivers here will always give the right of way to pedestrians. I think it is very interesting that this is not the same in Germany, and I know if I lived there, it would definitely be a wakeup call for me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.