Sonntag, 13. November 2011

AMD 5

In reading the article Denglisch, I found it very interesting how German's have incorporated English words into their language to some extent. As an American, I think it is somewhat selfish for us to expect every other country to learn English. However, at this point it seems that it is kind of becoming a universal language. I think that at a certain point, a universal language will have to be decided because it would make communication much easier, especially with the influx of technology in recent decades.
German and English are very close already in many ways, and so are languages such as Spanish, French, and Italian to each other. I think if there were to be a language to incorporate aspects of the most other languages, English would be it.
In reading the Pseudo-anglicisms, it is very interesting that some of these German-created words have very much to do with English, while others do not. If you just said "shooting" in English, people would definitely not assume photo shoot, especially in this day and age. It's also interesting to see how some of the words are kind of twists of alternate words we would use to describe something. For example, "slip" means briefs or panties, while in English, women can wear a "slip" under a revealing dress as sort of another "underwear" layer. I think it's really cool to watch how language morphs over time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.