Sonntag, 13. November 2011

AMD 5 - Anna Kemeny

For this blog post I finished reading Prinzessin Horst. This was an adorable story! People were at first surprised that the princess had a boy's name, but soon, everyone was calling girls by boy's names. This confused the King and Queen so they agreed to call their next child, a son, by a girl's name, and sure enough, soon all boys were called by girl's names. The story ends, in the fairytale fashion, with everyone living happily ever after.
Some new words I learned were
einig - agreed
ändern - change
die beiden - the two [of them]
I also liked how the vocabulary and grammar tied in with the current unit. there was a lot of past tense (eg. "gebar - gave birth) and the use of "ganz" (eg. war das ganz normal - it was all normal, Ihr sohn sollte einen ganz besonderen Namen - your son should have a very special name)
Please note that my translations are rough. I didn't understand everything in the book word for word, but I was able to understand enough of it to deduce the story and determine the meaning of the some of the words I didn't know.
This book was a fun way to test and expand my German skills!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.