Sonntag, 13. November 2011

AMD 5 - Tim und Struppi

For my AMD I looked/read through a Tim und Struppi comic book that one of my housemates gave me. I was already familiar with this series of comics from when I studied French, since Tim und Struppi is a German reprint of the original Les Aventures de Tintin. So it was pretty cool getting to see the same characters again, except this time auf Deutsch! The stories follow a young Belgian reporter (Tim, or Tintin) and his dog as they get into all sorts of wild adventures.


A lot of the words I didn't know, but it was fun to look them up and learn some new vocab, or try to guess based on the context. Like "Feiglinge!" - "cowards!"; that could come in handy next time I'm running through the jungle yelling at bad guys. But thanks to the illustrations, I could still follow along pretty well. Plus there were also quite a few things that I was pleased to see that I could recognize and understand. At one point Tim yells at the bad guy "Ich habe doch gesagt, dass ich nichts weiss!" - that's like a sentence straight out of Kapitel 5! Overall it was a lot of fun to read and pick up some new vocab by looking at the pictures. Plus even my limited comprehension showed that we've actually learned quite a bit of stuff this semester, which was very encouraging!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.