Donnerstag, 10. November 2011

AMD 5 - Adam Zientarski

I read the Denglish article as I'm sure that many will read. The wikipedia article is the frightening influence that America and English speaking countries can have on other countries. I am very interested on where some of these words get made up from. Where "Handy" for cellphone does make sense, I find the "trampen" an odd word for hitchhiking."trampen" to me sounds more like a verb for selling yourself on the street corner. Another translation that I find baffling in Denglish is the word Streetworker for social worker. If I was an actual social worker, in my mind it would be a little degrading to my position just being a "Street worker."

Other translations I find very humorous. "Oldtimer" usually refers to your grandpa or the crazy old man down the street that yells at you when you are on the lawn, but in Denglish it means classic car. "Showmaster" is a very accurate description of a T.V. show host. It is very odd though that they just don't use our normal words, but it seems as though its just Germans trying to preserve their culture.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.