Freitag, 11. November 2011
AMD 5 Aaron Vanderboegh
I also read the Denglisch article, but I found it to be rather funny. I think some translations can sound silly for one culture to another. For instance, the translation of a photo shoot translates to shooting according to the article. I don't know how many Americans would react if someone came up to them on the street and asked if they could start shooting. Also a facial, or body scrub translating to peeling sounds rather odd too. Other than the occasional strange word exchange, I was not terribly surprised by the large influence that American has had on German culture. America is one of the biggest pop culture centers in the world. Our music and our movies make it all over the world, and in many different translations. It's not exactly a surprise that some of the little things have wiggled into their vernacular. In part, I believe that this is a good thing. When cultures intermingle people have a much easier time understanding each other. Isn't that why people learn languages? If you're not interested in learning about each other what's the point of learning a new language? Similar cultures lead to similar goals, which can be mutually beneficial to both countries. I look forward to discovering more weird translations as I continue my studies into German.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.