Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

AMD2 John Pederson

German Music on Last.fm


For this blog assignment I chose to listen to yet even more German music. I was able to delve even more into the language by reading other listeners comments. Such comments included things like ”Pitzen remix!” and “Nicht slecht!” I listened to the lyrics too and tried my best to understand them. I listened to the following songs.


Blumfeld – “Anders als glücklich” – didn’t really like it. It had a chorus with a female vocalist and one commentator said: “Der Chorus mit den Chicks ist zum totlachen.” This means “The Chorus with the Chicks is hilarious.” I agree! The lead singer also says “Alright ladies!” in the middle of the song, and I thought that was dumb. I don’t like hearing English in foreign music a lot of the time.


Tomte – Ich sang die ganze Zeit von Dir (Auf Englisch: I sang all the time for you)

I really liked the chorus in this song! It was catchy. I caught a few phrases and words in it. One commentator said “Episch/Lyrisch/Philosophisch...was will man mehr?” I think this means, “Epic, lyrical, philosophical… what else could you want?”


Die Sterne – Zucker (Auf Englisch: Sugar)

This was quite a funky tune! Didn’t really understand much of it, and there weren’t many comments.


Die Goldenen Zitronen – Für immer Punk (Forever Punk)

HAHAHAHAHA – this tune made me laugh so much. “Möchte ich sein für immer punk!” It was a play on the song “Forever young.”


Ja, Panik - Marathon

This song was interesting to say the least. One line that stuck out to me was “Wenn meine gitarre schon wieder betrunken ist,” which means “When my guitar is drunk again.” Thought that was interesting. Lots of tempo changes and things like that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.