Montag, 31. Oktober 2011

AMD 4 - Joe Schafer

For this AMD post I decided to try out livemocha.com. While setting up my preferences I chose to emphasize exploring the German language in the hopes that I would be introduced to material we haven't covered in the course yet. Sure enough this worked! During my first "course" I was being shown how to say "good morning", "good night", "My name is...." and then up popped "Freut mich dich kennenzulernen." This translates as "Nice to meet you." I think this will come in handy since we didn't cover any colloquial statements to respond with after learning another person's name.
However, I did find the site a little difficult to use as a way to study grammar as it seems to use a different set of grammar rules or employ rules that haven't been taught yet. For example, in class we learned to say "Ich verstehe nicht" for "I don't understand" however on livemocha it uses "Ich verstehe das nicht." This is not a big change but it is different from what we have learned so far.
Overall, livemocha.com seems as though it will be a great tool to reinforce the instruction we recieve in our class and homework. And an awesome way to learn informal speech. I will most likely be using this as another study tool.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.