Lass, o Welt, o lass mich sein! Locket nicht mit Liebesgaben. Lasst dies Herz alleine haben seine Wonne, seine Pein!
Was ich trau’re, weiss ich nicht, es ist unbekanntes Wehe. Immerdar durch Tränen sehe ich der Sonne liebes Licht.
Oft bin ich mir kaum bewusst, und die helle Freude zückert durch die Schwere, so mich drücket wonniglich in meiner Brust.
Lass, o Welt, o lass mich sein! Locket nicht mit Liebesgaben. Lasst dies Herz alleine haben seine Wonne, seine Pein!
While we have not learned many of the words in this song, it is really cool to be able to pick out the words that we HAVE learned, and see if I am able to put any of the message together. To sing a song in German while taking this class is actually a pleasure. Before taking this class and familiarizing myself with German, I found the language to be harsh, and my mind has been completely transformed to think it is beautiful. Some words that I think will be useful in the future are Pein- anguish, sadness and Wohne- heart.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.