Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011

AMD 4 - Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten

For this AMD, I decided to revisit one of the classic German fairy tales from my childhood - the Bremen Town Musicians, or Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten. My family in Germany is from Bremen, so this was always a favorite story of mine growing up. Whenever we went to Bremen, I loved going to see the statue of the Stadtmusikanten since I knew the story by heart!

The Statue of the Bremen Town Musicians in Bremen, Germany.
An extremely blurry photo that my mom texted me of me and the statue when I was 10.

I found a website that has a dual English/German text of the story, plus German audio as well. My mom used to usually translate the story while she was reading it, but occasionally she would read it to me in German, so it was cool getting to hear the German version again. The story is about a group of animals (a donkey, dog, cat, and rooster) who are all getting old and are being abandoned by their owners, so they set out for Bremen to find a better life as musicians! I won't spoil the ending for anyone who wants to read it, but it's a pretty cute and surprisingly happy ending for a German story. Most of the other German fairy tales that my mom would read ended with someone being eaten by chickens or losing a limb, so this was much-appreciated break!

Here's the link to the text/audio I used - check it out!
http://german.about.com/library/bllesen07dual01.htm


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.