Montag, 17. Oktober 2011

AMD 3

For this AMD I decided to strike up a conversation with my two roommates, both of which have taken higher level German courses while one of them has actually spent few years in Germany. After a few minutes awkwardly trying to think of what to say, we decided on just sticking to the basics (Woher kommst du? Was isst du gern? etc). We also talked about family, the kind of music we liked, and what cars we liked. My one roommate who lived in Germany for a while told me that my accent was actually quite good for a beginner. Having two roommates who know a good deal of German may come in handy next year if we are able to go to Germany next year for the Formula SAE competition in Hockenheim.


After laughably running out of things to say relatively quickly, we spoke in English again. I mentioned trying to think of something to write this AMD about and after searching through a ton of things about Formula One, I came across a German motoring television show that was the German equivalent of Top Gear called "D-Motor" or "Deutsch Motor. Being unable to find full episodes, we settled for some clips. We focused on one segment about the Dodge Viper, one of my roommates' all-time favorite cars. I was only able to understand the first minute or so of the segment, particularly information about its performance figures and how much it cost. I had my roommates explain to me the gist of what the person said for the rest of the video because my vocabulary beyond that was severely limited and I couldn't follow how fast the person was speaking. Though from what I'm told, the presenter's review of the vehicle is not much different from Jeremy Clarkson's from Top Gear, basically a loud, shouty, murderously powerful and difficult to drive car.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VQTDSLSujk

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.