For my third AMD, I decided to Skype with my friend Ben who has been taking German for four years and is one of the most enthusiastic German-learners I know. Ben and I both share a passion for cooking, so the vocab from Kapitel 3 fit perfectly for a topic of conversation. Ben asked me "Was isst du gern?" and I told him that "Ich esse Pizza, und Pasta, und Brot mit Butter" We also talked about what we like to drink, Ben and I agreed that "Wir essen gern Kaffee, aber wir essen lieber Bier!" After we exhausted the vocab that I knew, we talked in English for a bit about the different foods we ate during each of our trips to Germany. Ben is a big fan of the dark German bread that was forced upon me as a child, which I find incredibly disgusting. After a lively debate, we agreed to disagree.
Then Ben offered to help me out practicing the conjugations for the new verbs we learned, and I went through pretty much every possible sentence I know how to say - "Ich heiβe Rachel. Ich bin zwanzig Jahre alt. Ich habe drei Schwestern. Ich gehe gern einkaufen..." Luckily Ben is a great sport and was just pleased that we both sprechen gern Deutsch!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.