Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kultur2

Aaron Vanderboegh

I found all of the Kapitel 2 articles very insightful on the modern German culture. Having played host to several German exchange students I understand the brutal honesty that comes along with German culture. At first I found it very odd and almost insulting, but after having it explained to me, I began to wonder why we don't have that in the USA. I believe that having a direct and honest approach is in some ways beneficial, as it waives all need for pointless political formalities.
I'm not sure how I would feel about the stare down topic however, as I am usually a very reserved person. I don't think I'd want to say anything about it, but it would make me feel very uncomfortable. I guess that some things in every culture take some getting used to. Complaining however, would drive me insane. I hate complaining, as it just delays the time that it takes to finish an activity. I would much rather go from point a to point b without having to hear about someone's problems. Despite all of these cultural issues, I would greatly enjoy being able to understand what someone was complaining about, so I might not be too bothered by the actual complaint. I'm looking forward to learning more German so that I can understand what Germans actually complain about.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.