Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kultur2- Ross Smith

The articles were pretty fun to read this week. It is nice to get a small sampling of what really happens in Germany. I was shocked as the my classmates were at the "gaining weight" comments, etc. It just seems so ridiculously rude that I could never picture it being said but on the other hand, I have to respect an entire people for telling the truth so boldly. It saves time and eliminates formalities which are essentially worthless anyway. Sacrifice feelings, save time, the German way I guess.

It was also fun to see the staring section as well as the statistics stuff. I enjoy giving a steely stare as much as the next person but no one in America would ever dream of gazing at someone for such an extended time without even a blink. I guess I don't quite understand the point of looking at one person and making them feel uncomfortable for the duration of a trip on the subway but then again, I don't understand why Americans are obsessed with eating either so it all evens out. Stats are a huge part of my life, particularly with one of my favorite websites known as Wikipedia. It is handy to know exactly how many square kilometers your town has (17km) for many purposes such as...knowing useless facts.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.