Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kultur 2

I found these articles to be much more interesting than Kultur 1 simply because of the topics. These provided information that would actually be useful if you were to travel to Desutschland. The two most articles that I found the most interesting were "The Germanic Stare Down" and "by the Numbers: Obsession with Statistics." I feel as Americans we are the exact opposite in these regards. We are actually taught NOT to stare at very young age. It is associated with rudeness and intimidation, something the Germans are actually stereotypically known for (the staring probably doesn't help). My favorite quote being: “Late night last night, eh? You got home at 3:08 a.m.” Statistics do not seem to be as important here as were often hear said, "you're more than just a number." Whether this can be traced back to our manners I am not exactly sure, but what I can be sure is that Americans do not usually ask about the statistics of a specific place. A more common question might be, "what do you like to do on the weekend?"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.