The "Germanic Stare-down" seems pretty interesting to me. It actually sounds a little bit better than what occurs in the states, people looking at you but as soon as you make eye contact or look back at them they look away almost immediately. At least Germans have the courage to keep staring at you. It could seem intimidating to some people, but then it could seem friendly or inviting to others. It still sounds better than walking around and almost feeling invisible because no one has the courage to keep eye contact for "zwei" seconds. Next time you're walking around campus have a staring contest with the people walking the opposite direction, I bet you will win.
Mittwoch, 28. September 2011
Kapitel Zwei
Do all Germans really always complain? I don't know if is just the crowd this guy hangs out with or what, but after reading his article I am a little more curious about the German culture. I really doubt that Germans complain about EVERYTHING, but maybe they do. The article just made me want to visit Germany even more just to see if this writer is telling the truth. To be honest I was getting sick of his complaining. I have had 2 friends in the past that were from Germany and they seemed to be very humble people. They were both very nice and never really complained about anything, except the beer. Has anyone ever been to Germany and heard this complaining firsthand?
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.