Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011

AMD 6-Roxanne Harfmann

For the 6th AMD assignment, I decided to read this article which has the German translation of "the Night Before Christmas". I wanted to read it and see if I would be able understand it from what we have learned this semester. I read it first, without looking at the English translations, and I recognized some of the lines like "Geschwind! Renn, Renner! Tanz, Tänzer! Flieg, fliegende Hitz'!
Hui, Sternschnupp'! Hui, Liebling! Hui, Donner und Blitz!" I could tell that this is the part in the story in which St. Nikolas calls out the reindeer names. There were a few lines that I couldn't understand though, such as "Wie das Laub, das der Herbststurm die Straßen lang fegt." Which in english means "As dry leaves before the wild hurricane fly." It was definitely interesting to read this, especially since break is almost here. Now I can't wait to get home and celebrate with my family.Link

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.