Mittwoch, 16. November 2011
Kultur 5- Donald Matthews
I found this weeks articles to be very intriguing. The first article fits in very well with the common trend of Germans tending to be more introverted, or some might even say slightly socially awkward. Cities in Europe tend to be more condensed and more highly populated with foot and bike traffic so it is very believable that the chances that you bump into someone are much larger than in the US for example. So I can see how the Germans may have just become accustomed to this and have chosen to neglect using excuse me from their vocabulary, at least for minor instances. I was very surprised to read about the women who's job it is to clean the bathrooms. I guess the real surprise was that they wait for you after you are finished using the restroom to collect tips and spare change. I found the article about flirting in Germany the most entertaining out of all of them. Its curious how the germans can be so open about certain things such as the sex stores but at the same time be so conservative about other aspects of daily life such as flirting.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.