Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Kultur 4 Tony

    The "Crossing the Strasse" just reminded me of the warning from my mom that if I should always wait for the green light when I am crossing the street in Germany, because the German drivers wouldn't slow down, because the rule says it is their light. Although this is later contradicted by my girlfriend, who spent a year in Germany, I still believe that the German drivers are still going to simply obey the basic traffic rule: go ahead when it is your light.
    When I was reading the honer system of tickets in Germany, I didn't feel that surprised, because I had already been surprised when I was paying a visit in L.A., where tickets are not regularly checked in the subway. However, when I was on the way back from Stanford University to San Francisco, I was also shocked that they were so strict about the ticket: the ticket must be punctured twice for the round trip and forgetting the one for the returning trip will cause big trouble. Anyways, I simply generalize that the honor system is much more developed in the western world.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.