Mittwoch, 2. November 2011

Kapitel 4

It was really interesting seeing the similarities and differences between Germany, Ann Arbor, and my hometown Midland when reading these articles. Like the article about bike paths. The bike paths in Germany sound more like what we have in Midland. Here in Ann Arbor, we have “bike paths”, which is really just a foot and a half wide lane that no one cares about and people walk in all the time. In Midland, we have a paved bike lane called “the railtrail”. It’s separate from the road and sidewalk and runs along the main city roads and is designated to bikers. This sounds a lot more like what Germany has. The second article that I found really interesting was about crossing the street and jaywalking. Since moving to Ann Arbor, I’ve realized how common jaywalking is here. I wasn’t used to it at first because nobody jaywalks in Midland. This is another thing it has in common with Germany. I jaywalk once and a while since I’ve lived here, but usually I like to make sure I’m at a crosswalk so I know I have the right of way.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.