Like I said before, I love to look positively on the aspects of life--and I absolutely love to laugh. Which is why the next article sparked my attention. From the reading above, I had a feeling that Germans lack any vibrancy in their lives because they seem so pessimistic about everything. However, in the article Teutonic Humor, the author describes the complex humor of the German citizens. My favorite 'type' of humor is the Bavarian humor which is very in-your-face humor. I like jokes to be anything but subtle so that everyone can appreciate the humor of the situation as opposed to sly jokes that sometimes slip away unnoticed.
Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2011
Kultur 3 --Maddie Haradine
I was a little taken aback by the essay written about the pessimism of Germans. I, for one, find myself to be a very optimistic person (most of the time). Everything is so much better when you take a positive look at it. However, in the German culture, the glass is rarely half-full, if full at all. In fact, Germans seem to act like everything is more or less a hassle or a punishment in their daily lives as apposed to celebrating accomplishments and sharing good news with friends. The German culture is more of an honest 'lets-not-get-our-hopes-up' culture as supported by this article and the article before that demonstrated German's tendencies to be upfront in all aspects of life.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.