Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011

Kultur 3 Donald Matthews

Among the articles I read Capping the Bottle: Germany Looks to Tighten Up Public Drinking Rules,German Fast Food: Forget the "Mett," Try a "Frikadell and Yo Dude, What About the Turks? An Introduction to Germany's Real Fast Food Joints

The first article I read was Capping the Bottle. I found this to be a very interesting read and very informative. I thought the Germans were completely content with the fact that they could wander around and drink basically wherever and whenever they wanted. Apparently that's not the case, I thought it was actually pretty funny that they banned drinking in some places like the park but the drunks just moved to the neighborhoods and caused an even bigger disturbance. I also found it interesting on the other hand that they have special designated drinking areas.

The other two articles I read were about fast food in Germany. I have been to Europe once before and unlike here I didn't really see any fast food places. While we were there we went to one of 4 Burger King's that were in Austria. Thats right 4 this concept seems completly foreign to our society where fast food is practically half of some peoples diets. However I digress, it was really interesting to read about all the different options of fast food they have and vendors all around selling their version of fast food.

Just by looking at the titles of the other two articles on humor I thought like it was a direct contradiction to the other articles we read about how blunt and pessimistic the Germans are. That is untill I started reading them and learned that the Germans rely on sarcasm and irony for most of their jokes.
If you didn't take a look at the funniest joke its worth a read and I think it is pretty good as well.


Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone and calls the emergency services.

He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.