Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011

Kapitel 3 Kultur - Adam Zientarski

When it comes to health issues, I find that German culture is very odd and somewhat contradicting. While you are openly allowed to get drunk in the middle of streets AND drink when you are 16 years old (and often earlier when in the home), a staggering 70% of the people said they would eat genetically altered foods (when there really is no conclusive evidence yet that it effects your health). I'm not saying I have a problem with public drinking (I think its a great idea actually, America should strive to be more like Europe with public transportation and have stricter license requirements) but I just find it odd that they can care so little about the health effects of drinking as opposed to food.

I also can't believe they have so many different kinds of beer. It seems as though a large part of their culture is centered around drinking, more than I previously thought anyways. We don't have any holiday in America where we just party for a week. I'm interested in how this affects their work... do they get vacation during these times? Do they work as much as Americans?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.