
For this assignment, I decided to take some time and skype with a friend of mine currently at Heidelberg University in Deutschland. She was surprised to hear that I wanted to try and chat in German this time rather than in our usual English. After much laughing (mein Akzent ist nicht so gut) we finally got around to some basic conversation. Since I realized that holding a full conversation would be difficult, I decided to start it off by asking what she had for breakfast yesterday. I got a rather fast response, but after a slightly slower second time, I discovered that they had a soft boiled egg, some coffee, muesli, and some kind of breakfast bread. I responded by saying Ich habe kein Frühstück heute. If there was one thing I wish we had learned by now, it would have to be past and future tense. I feel that conversations make much more sense and are more fluid with the addition of these tenses. We ended our conversation with some basic statements such as age, what we like to do etc. I feel that it was a worth while conversation, and that I became much more confident in my speaking ability. I did find that body language is a tremendous help when listening and trying to understand. I found myself picking up things based on that just as much as the actual speech. After this conversation I hope to speak with Lotte again sometime at the end of this year as a gauge of my new German ability. Oh, and looking up pictures of Heidelberg for this assignment really made me want to go there.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.