Mittwoch, 28. September 2011
Kultur 2 Donald Matthews
I actually enjoyed reading these articles and found them quite fascinating. I think why I found it interesting was every culture seems to have certain stereotypes associated with them. A lot of people might think that all Americans are ignorant or as the articles said carry guns and only eat hamburgers (although there are some people who only eat one thing). I feel like at one point I knew about some of the cultural behaviors of the Germans but I have since forgotten. To a certain extent I think how they go about their lives on a daily basis is something we could learn from. If you can't do something or don't want to there's no reason why you should make up a lie or excuse just say whats on your mind. However I would say that there is a few exceptions based on whether it would be cruel. On the other hand I would have to agree that looking out the window everyday and seeing a 90 year old woman staring back at me everyday would be pretty unnerving. I take everything pretty literally and sometimes have trouble reading between the lines so I feel like in that aspect I would fit into the German culture pretty well. Hopefully no one comes up to me in the near future and asks me the population of my city or the square mileage because I really couldn't tell you because it doesn't matter to me.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.