In these articles, we learn about German culture more extensively. The first article was about how Germans are incredibly negative. They can be down on things that aren't even bad. For instance, the public transportation system- they complain about its incompetence and how loud it can be, really just anything they can think of. I find this interesting because I feel like Americans have the same problems. We too complain about almost anything, it is part of our culture.
The second article was about Germany's problem with staring. I found this funny because I used to live in Switzerland and I noticed the exact same thing. At first I thought it was because I was so obviously not from there. But reading this article makes me wonder if it's just a thing with Germanic countries.
The third article was my favorite. I like how Germans are so upfront with everything, if that dress makes you look fat, they'll tell you. I guess this is where the reputation for Germans being very firm comes from.
The fourth article was about how Germans have an obsession with stats. I didn't really see any relevance to this, it seems strange that they would be that particular about statistics like 400 inches of rain as opposed to "yeah it just rains a lot here."
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.