Donnerstag, 15. September 2011

AMD 1 - Adam Zientarski


I am a fan of American post-hardcore bands such as Of Mice and Men, Asking Alexandria, etc. and upon doing some research, cannot find German speaking bands that compare to them. However, I do remember Rammstein as being one of the more popular bands in Germany for their controversial song topics, unique singer, stage stunts, and pyrotechnics. They have had pretty good success in the American market and many of their songs have appeared in movie soundtracks here. After seeing that music was a good topic for AMD blogs I decided to re-listen to them.

After a few songs, I was surprised to hear some of the words that we have been using in class. The lyrics to most of Rammstein's songs are very simplistic and contain many choruses rather than verses. I think that the reason for this is because of the nature of German words. They can often be very long and some of the expressions that they use can be awkward when trying to apply them to music. There is lots of repition in the phrases, and lots of the phrases sound dumbed down or barely make sense to fit with the musical elements.

New German I have learned:
"Ich will" = I want (another one of those confusing verbs, like "wer")
"Sonne" = Sun
"scheinen" = shine

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.